Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thankful Thursday

1. Healthy kids - My kids were sick for almost a month with various illnesses. Now they are back to 100% and Hailey is completely exhausting me!! I'm glad they are both healthy and happy though.
2. We don't have to pay for repairs - The other day I found water coming out of a hole in the ceiling in the garage. They had to cut a huge square hole in the ceiling yesterday and replace some of the pipes and shower drain. It took 3 hours and they are currently patching it right now today. It totally stressed me out, but thank goodness we don't have to fit the bill. It's a big reason I much prefer to rent right now.
3. Koreena called yesterday - My old roommate Koreena called yesterday while all the work was being done and distracted me from how much it stresses me out to have strangers making big holes in my garage. Thanks Koreena!
4. Piano - I love to play the piano, I wish I had more uninterrupted time to do it. I love teaching piano lessons too. My students are really starting to show progress and I feel good that I helped them do it.
5. My gym is finally open! - I joined a gym but the location closest to me was still being built. It finally opened last week and I am so excited to go have my kids babysat for free for a couple hours whenever I want and not have to drive very far and get the exercise I need. Yippee!
6. Good kids this morning - For the first time in months Ian behaved this morning and watched TV, was quiet, ate breakfast, and didn't have an "accident" so Adam and I could sleep in (or at least just stay in bed). Hailey also woke up at some point but went back to sleep till 9. I really really needed that.
7. Talking to Adam - Lately the biggest reason I'm so tired is because I stay up late talking to Adam. I'm glad he lets me talk his ear off and I'm so thankful we have a good relationship and still can't get enough of each other. But we do need to go to bed earlier!!
8. Laughing - It really is good medicine.
9. Being flexible - We are going to have to reschedule our vacation because of things that have come up for Adam at work. I'm glad we don't have anything on our calendar (besides vacation) so it's easy to find a different week to go, and I'm thankful my parents put up with our changes too (we'll be staying at their house).
10. Hailey is one tough cookie - Hailey fell down the stairs the other day and was perfectly fine. Thank heavens!!
11. A second shower - Yesterday the repair guy told me we can't use our shower for at least 24 hours so everything could dry. I thought "well how are we going to get clean tomorrow?" Duh Lisa, you have another shower. I know I'm dumb, but I'm really glad we have a second shower, even if I don't think of it as a shower because it's only used for the kids' baths.

No comments: