Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Books I've read and love (and recommend)

In the last year I have read a few books that I really feel have changed and bettered my life so I thought I would share them. I would recommend these to anyone who is married and/or has children:

For All Eternity by Dr. John L. Lund - This isn't actually a book, it is some talks on CD. Dr. Lund discusses better ways to communicate and understand each other in a marriage. It is logical and entertaining. I wish I listened to this before I got married. These talks completely changed our marriage. We are happier than we have ever been, no kidding.
The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands by Dr. Laura Schlessinger - Many women (and some men) find the title of this book offensive, but let me tell you, it is a real eye opener. I recommend this book to every married woman. She also wrote a book called The Proper Care and Feeding of Marriage which is a really good one for both husband and wife.
Woman Power by Dr. Laura Schlessinger - The sequel to The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands. It is short because there are a bunch of pages to write in, but I loved it maybe even more than the first one.

Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child by Marc Weissbluth - This book (and some advice from a friend who read it) seriously changed my life. If you are going to buy a book about getting your baby or child to sleep this is the one to get. Best sleep book ever, in my opinion.
On Becoming Baby Wise by Gary Ezzo and Robert Bucknam - This has some great advice on scheduling your baby and so forth. This one and Healthy Sleep Habits is a winning combination for sure.
Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood by Jim Fay and Charles Fay - I have learned some good parenting tools from the Fays and their associates. This book is great for my kids' age, and they have a whole bunch of other books. They have come up with some great "thinking outside the box" strategies for dealing with kids.

I am currently checking out the Supernanny book which I love so far, and the new Dr. Laura book, Stop Whining Start Living which I haven't started yet. I'll let you know how I like them!

What have you been reading?

No comments: