Thursday, May 22, 2008

Thankful Thursday

1. Hailey is 18 months old today! - Yay she can go to nursery on her own now!
2. My babysitter - I have my regular babysitter come on most Tuesday afternoons to watch the kids just so I can get chores caught up on or run an errand or take a nap. This week I just laid on my bed for a while and then took a shower and it was worth every penny. My babysitter is also one of my piano students and after piano yesterday she just wanted to stay and hang out and play with the kids. I'm glad I found someone who loves my kids and is responsible, it really helps me stay sane.
3. I'm not the first mother in the world - Sometimes it just reassures me to know that millions and millions of people have gone through parenting before me and they survived, so I'm sure I will too.
4. Ian doesn't know the difference between a penny and a quarter - Ian recently got a new piggy bank and he wants to put money in it all the time. I sometimes give him a couple pennies for cleaning up the living room and thankfully he thinks they are just as exciting as any other kind of money.
5. Generous friends and family - I have a couple friends who give me clothes for Hailey quite often. I really don't have to buy her anything, it's wonderful. Ian also gets hand-me-downs from his cousins, what a blessing.
6. My little singer - Ian is singing along to a Thomas song right now and just asked me if I like his singing. I really do! Everyone at church always tells me what a great singer he is in Primary and I always have my own little concert in the car. I hope he loves singing and music his whole life, what a sweety.
7. Vacation is coming! - I can't wait to get Adam away from work for a whole week!
8. A cool weekend - The weather has been weird lately, it was over 100 for a couple days but is cooling off for the weekend. It actually feels almost nice enough to go to the park today.
9. Hailey will eat just about anything - I know I've got to enjoy it while it lasts.
10. Clorox wipes - Whoever invented them was a genius.

1 comment:

Koreena said...

What a great list you have this week! Matty's the same with money. A penny is better than a dollar bill to him because it can go in his chicken bank. I may have to steal Clorox wipes for my list, too.