Thursday, December 29, 2011

Hailey Turns #5

Hailey turned 5 on November 22nd. I really can't believe she's 5 years old!

We had birthday smoothies for breakfast.

Since her birthday was 2 days before Thanksgiving, Auntie Marianne flew in for the big day.


Dora the Explorer was the theme. I ordered this cake from Albertson's and was so happy with the results. It sure saved me a headache trying to make a Dora cake too.





The Green cousins came over for a little cake party.



Hailey got a Dora bike. She rides it around our small patio in the backyard daily.

Hailey has really blossomed recently. She has been quite a handful the last few years but is starting to become more agreeable and actually quite sweet and funny. She loves school and has a few friends in her class. The teachers call them the three amigos. She is learning to write her name and practices on every surface she can find, including the fridge. She still has many of those "special" moments, but they are getting fewer. She makes our lives interesting.


I don't have any pictures of Thanksgiving but thought I would mention that I made the turkey this year and it turned out delicious. I was very nervous about it. We had a great time with Jill's family and Marianne. On Thanksgiving morning Jill's husband, Doug, and my nephews, Chad and Tyler, surprised us with a major service project in our backyard. They chopped down all 4 of our Oleander trees and hauled away all the yard waste back there. They were amazing. They worked on it for about 5 hours and did an awesome job. We were really surprised and so so happy.

1 comment:

Koreena said...

Glad to hear she's calming down a bit for you. And congrats on the turkey! I'm way too chicken to try one for myself. I'd have to be a grownup to try something like that. ;)