Thursday, December 29, 2011

Boise Vacation

In June we visited Adam's dad and step-mom in Boise, Idaho. We had never been up there for a visit since they moved there a few years ago. We enjoyed it so much we want to go back soon! Grandpa set up a fun day at the farm with a family from his ward. They own a big dairy farm so we went and saw where milk comes from. There were hundreds, probably thousands, of cows.

We got to pet a baby calf that had been born just the day before. I was surprised the kids went near it since they seem to be scared of most animals. But funny enough they seem to love all farm animals. Grandpa says Hailey was born for farm life. I think I might agree.
After the dairy we went back to the farmer's house where Hailey's dreams were made a reality.
Eeyore the horse quickly became her best friend and took her for a ride around in a circle for about half an hour. She could not get enough of Eeyore. I really couldn't believe how brave she was to sit up on that horse all by herself!

Ian got to ride Eeyore too.

And so did Jack. For about 2 seconds.

I think he was traumatized.
Brandon stayed far away from Eeyore. But enjoyed running around and watching the baby colt and its mother.

Hailey surprised us again when she wanted to be locked in the chicken coup along with all the chickens. I'm telling you, she's a farm girl at heart.

The kids and grandpa went fishing near a fish hatchery. They were convinced that this would improve their odds of getting a bite.




Where are the fish?

Oh don't worry. They're down there. Hundreds of them. Mocking you.
I couldn't get a great picture where they were all looking and smiling so I thought I'd include this silly one. I love Jackson's face.


1 comment:

Koreena said...

I love the fish mocking you. LOL