Thursday, December 29, 2011

Grandma's 90th Birthday Bash

After our trip to Idaho we made our way down to Salt Lake City, Utah for a big Nelson Family reunion and my gradmother's 90th birthday celebration. Everyone in the entire family minus one grandson-in-law made it for the occasion. I think it was around 72 people! Our family stayed in a hotel with my parents, my sister Marianne, my sister Amy and her family, my brother Ryan and his family, and my brother Devin. We had a really good time. One day we went up to a canyon to throw rocks into the creek. The water was raging.

My children, of course wanted to keep us on our toes.


We left pretty quickly. We then headed to a park with a tall slide with a very tall, steep, and somewhat dangerous ladder. Don't worry, Jackson only fell off it once.

Marianne and Brandon

All the adults went to a lovely dinner at the Lion House in downtown Salt Lake. My grandma had 3 babysitters at her house to watch all of my and Amy's kids. The house wasn't burned to the ground when we got back, so we called it a success. Here are my sisters and I, Jill, Amy, me, Marianne, and Ryan's wife Renee.

We had a big party in my grandma's yard. Everyone wore party hats (off and on).



Me and my grandma Nelson. She was just so happy to be with the whole family. I'm sure she was exhausted too. I love my grandma so much, I am so thankful we could make it to her birthday. She is an inspiration to me!

Brandon and Jackson hung out at the punch bowl.

Since Jackson got his cast off just in time for this trip, we got to go swimming at the hotel pool. Hailey only tried to drown once.

Ian learned how to swim under water.



It was a very very long trip, but so wonderful to be with family and make memories. We hope it's a few years before another one like this, but we look forward to doing it again some day. I will probably do another post from this trip with the family pictures. I don't have those on this computer....

1 comment:

Koreena said...

I'm glad the party was a success. You and your sister's look so much alike. I don't know if I've ever seen a picture of all of you together before.