Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thankful Thursday

1. We're on vacation!! - It is finally here and we made it and I am so happy! I was really starting to wonder if we would ever get a vacation.
2. The gospel of Jesus Christ - Sorry for getting really spiritual, but my grandpa passed away yesterday, he was 92 or 93 (I am pretty sure) and it was definitely his time to go, but it is still always a little sad when someone dies. I am so thankful I have the comfort of knowing that my grandpa is OK and that he can be with my grandma now and my uncles and other family. I know this life isn't the end and we all can be together again.
3. My kids go to bed - ...no matter where they are. I'm glad Ian and Hailey will go to bed without a fuss at my house, Jill's house, grandma's house, or wherever their bed may be. It makes life (and vacation) a lot easier.
4. I married my best friend - I'm so glad me and Adam love to be together.
5. Cute little smiling faces - I love Ian and Hailey's little smiling faces. It's hard to get up so early but it's a little easier when I get those little round grins to look at first thing in the morning.
6. We don't have any little babies on this trip - Ian was a little angel for the trip yesterday and Hailey was not too bad either. I had a really weird giant piercing pain in my head almost the whole trip so I'm glad I didn't have to deal too much with the kids. We only had to stop twice, it was fantastic!
7. Good music - We (especially Ian) love the soundtrack to the musical Wicked. Ian has almost all of the songs memorized and sings along to the words and the music. I love that soundtrack, I love good music and I am so glad Ian does too!
8. We're not sick on another vacation- Yay!

Well, that's it for today, we are having fun spending time with Adam and family. It is actually almost cold in Greenfield, it feels so good!!

1 comment:

Koreena said...

I'm sorry about your grandpa's passing. Even with the knowledge of the gospel, it's always hard.

Sorry about your weird headache, too, but that's great that the kids were so good on the car ride!

Enjoy your vacation!