Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thankful Thursday

I have been dealing with very sick kids all week so here is what I am thankful for:

1. We postponed our vacation - I would hate for the kids to be this sick on vacation (like our trip to Arizona).
2. My mom answered the phone - I have been calling my mom a lot this week because I'm a lonely needy mother of sick kids. Today I really needed to talk because I found out Ian is sicker than I thought and I am going to be stuck in the house with him for at least the rest of the week. Thanks for listening Mom!
3. Popsicles - When the kids woke up from their naps today they were both crying for about half an hour. I was talking to my mom (as mentioned in number 2) and she suggested popsicles. Why didn't I think of that?!? What a life saver! They both ate 5 popsicles and I got 30 minutes of peace and quiet. Thanks again mom!
4. My little pediatric book of answers - When we lived in Arizona Ian's pediatrician gave me a 20 page book that the doctor's office made up for all the families they treated. It covers all the common childhood illnesses and what to do and has a medication table for ages 6 weeks and up. I LOVE that little book, it has become quite valuable to our family. If I could afford it, I would make copies for everyone I know.
5. Ritz Crackers - That's pretty much all Hailey has eaten the last few days.
6. Library videos - Yesterday Ian was recovering from a high fever and throwing up the night before so we went to the library and checked out 7 videos. Nice.
7. Ian taking naps - Ian really fights naps now that he's almost 4 but since he's sick he has been taking naps, so we all got a nap yesterday and today. Thank goodness.
8. Jill - I talk to my sister Jill pretty much every day about everything. I'm so thankful I have her to talk to and (when our kids aren't sick) hang out with.
9. I'm getting out of the house tonight - Even though it's to go to a Young Women activity and go visiting teaching, I REALLY need to get out of this house!! (I haven't gone anywhere besides the store to get medicine and the library to get movies since Sunday)
10. Thankful Thursday - I know I always say it, but I really really am. I have had a really hard week and it was hard to think of things I was thankful for, but it always helps to count your blessings when you're having a hard time. So if you're reading this, try to think of what you're thankful for too.

No comments: