Saturday, December 19, 2009

A special moment in the Parrish house

I might have mentioned we have all been sick this week. It looks like Jackson is the caboose of the sickness, lucky him. He has been kind of spitting up more the last 2 days. Today it seems he can't hold anything down. So this morning just as he and Brandon finished their bottles Ian started yelling "Hailey's spilling water all over!" I looked over to find this to be true. Aaagh. I was holding Jackson and set him on the floor, forgetting that he doesn't sit up as well as his brother. He, of course, fell over and started crying. I grabbed a towel, threw it on the water and quickly picked Jackson back up. He started to calm down, but then....
Let me tell you, there was more in my shirt than there was on it.... the funny thing was it ended up quite convenient that Hailey had just spilled water all over. I used the wet towel to clean the vomit off the floor! I think this might have just been Jackson's way of helping me to get a desperately needed shower (I think this picture depicts just how desperately). Or, maybe he just wanted to wear his cute snugly Christmas outfit...
And how, you may ask, was I able to get a shower with all four kids awake?

Don't look so happy to be playing computer games Ian.
So, I guess it was really a blessing in a stinky disguise! =)

3 comments:

Monica said...

Oh Lisa! You are way to good of a mother and what a day that must have been. I hope you little guy feels better soon.

Koreena said...

Ugh. No fun. But like you said, it did lead to a shower which meant a few minutes to yourself. Glad something good came out of it. I'm sorry you've all been sick. Hopefully the bug will be out of your house in time for you all to enjoy your Christmas.

This Is Our Heaven.... said...

Ok, seriously, you are like super mom to me!! You are seriously amazing.....I hope everyone is feeling better!