Saturday, December 12, 2009

Potato Battle

Our ward Christmas party was a week ago. I volunteered to make a portion of the mashed potatoes. Little did I know I would spend the whole day making 20 pounds of mashed potatoes!! It took over an hour to peel and cut all of them up (I was interrupted a few times of course).
I had to use my 3 biggest pots.
I used my KitchenAid mixer to mash them, I knew my arm couldn't handle it. Seven batches later.....

And what where the kids doing while I was making 20 pounds of mashed potatoes?
Destroying the house of course!


Needless to say, I spent the rest of the night after the party cleaning everything up. I think it would have been easier to cook a whole turkey! I'll have to remember that next time...

2 comments:

Amy said...

That is a lot of work! But I bet the people in charge REALLY appreciated it (speaking from experience...)! But yes, the turkey might have been a lot easier other than having to thaw it for four days or however long they take. So good of you to do it.

Monica said...

You should get some kind of medal or reward for being such a great mother. I wouldn't have the energy to clean all that up after all of the work you put into those potatoes. You are just wonderful!