Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I am having a pretty rough day today (and it's only 8:45am!) so I guess it's good that I have to count my blessings.

I'm thankful that someday the toddler years will be over and this will all be a memory (hopefully a fond one) and I will be able to laugh at the new young parents who have to deal with it. I'm thankful that hurt and heartache fades over time. I'm thankful that my a/c works most of the time, even if it's not all the time, and that it will hopefully get fixed for good today and that our home warranty covers it. I'm thankful that Brandon and Jackson are so stinking cute and that I can escape for a few minutes into their room and rock them and cuddle and kiss them every once in a while. I'm thankful that Adam was so insistent on getting the stain guard on our new couch, it was quite easy to clean the poo off of it at 5:45am this morning (the difficult part was finding every spot). I'm thankful at least Ian is potty trained. I'm thankful the twins can't take their diapers off. I'm thankful it cooled off outside a little last night so we could open the windows and let some fresh air in. I'm thankful Adam had the great idea to take a video of the a/c unit not working so we can prove we're not making it up (it always works fine when they come to look at it). I'm thankful my sister Jill is coming home tomorrow, even if I won't get to see her very much before I leave town.
And finally, I am thankful I have Hailey, even if sometimes I want to give her away to....well....anyone who will take her. She is a sweet little girl and she is very independent and she loves her family and she loves babies and she just wants to help and take care of everyone and explore the world. She's my only little girl in a house full of little boys and someday she will be a great little mommy with a bunch of little crazy children like herself. And I am really thankful that right now she is contained in her high chair eating her 3rd bowl of Golden Grahams.

1 comment:

Koreena said...

Awwww, sorry you're having a rough day. :( Hope it got better. Poo at 5:45 on the couch doesn't sound like a ton of fun. I love that last sentence.