Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Well, it has been quite a while since I have done Thankful Thursday. I guess I kind of let it go with everything else. Well not anymore!

1. Four kids who sleep through the night - I finally have all four sleeping from 7:30pm till 6am. It is such a relief to know I will get a break at the end of the day no matter what. Now if I could just have the discipline to go to bed early myself...
2. No more going between two homes - We turned in the keys to our old place on Tuesday, it was such a relief. Now I can just focus on getting organized here and not worry about cleaning or trying to figure out if something got left at the other place. I just have to figure out where everything got put here!
3. Babies are resilient - Hailey always finds new ways to injure the twins. Yesterday she flipped Brandon over in his bouncy seat. All you could see was his little hands sticking out from underneath. Luckily he didn't have a scratch or bruise to show for it, but he cried for a while.
4. My oscillating fan - It is so hot and we have our thermostat set to 80, yuck. Having a good fan makes a huge difference in how it feels.
5. My baby monitor - I can not hear the babies downstairs at all (even Jackson's desperate screaming) which is a good and bad thing. A baby monitor is a must and mine lights up when they are crying which means I don't always have to have the volume on. I like it.
6. Vacation is coming - not soon enough! I know traveling with, well, mostly Hailey, is going to be rough but it is going to be so worth it to get a break from every day life.
7. Fun songs - Hailey really likes to sing songs that have little hand motions like Popcorn and Itsy Bitsy Spider. That is the only time I can get her attention for very long and we have fun and laugh. I really need that time with her to help me weather the rest of the time when she is driving me up the wall.
8. New TV channels - For some weird reason when we moved here and set up our cable we get some new channels that we didn't get in our other place. Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network. No more watching only PBS all day!
9. Folex - It is carpet cleaner. I like it because it doesn't smell and it cleans pretty well and it's cheap. Lately I have had some pretty nasty things to clean up (guess who was the culprit) and I am thankful I have a good carpet cleaner.
10. My mom - In the last year my mom has done so much for me I can't even begin to express my gratitude. She stayed with us for 5 weeks after I had the twins and visited a few times while I was pregnant to help out. The most recent thing I am so grateful for was a couple boxes of fun little toys from the dollar store for Ian and Hailey. We call them "Grandma presents" and the kids get to open something whenever I feel they earned it or if I need something to entertain them when they are driving me crazy. Thanks mom!

3 comments:

Llama Wanderings said...

I LOVE the idea of a dollar store box of goodies. I might have to do that one with Millikins myself! :D

Koreena said...

I really love your list. I hear you on the lack of discipline getting yourself to bed early. The past 3 nights I've been up to 1 AM or later. What's wrong with me!? I'm so glad they're all sleeping for you. What a great relief.

Mom D said...

I"m thankful for your Mom too. She is a special lady. Suzanne Despain