Sunday, April 27, 2008

Thankful Thursday.......on Sunday

1. A working vehicle - We had a couple trips in our old Chevy where we had major problems and were even stranded once. I am so thankful we didn't have to worry about our van on top of all our other problems with this trip.
2. A second chance - Poor Ian is the guinea pig, but I get to do things a little better with Hailey. She was SO sick, I think she even lost some weight, but I handled it a lot better than I did the first time I went through this with Ian when he was almost exactly the same age (also on vacation, what is wrong with us??). Maybe by the third one I'll have it down to an art.
3. Portable DVD Players - How did our parents go on trips without them?
4. My bed - There is a BIG difference between California King and Queen, especially when your husband is 6'4.
5. Cell Phones - I don't have one, but I'm sure glad everyone else does.
6. Ian - He is such a funny and sweet little boy. He introduced himself to a lady at Taco Bell and we sat at the table by her and he talked to her for half an hour. I laughed the whole time.
7. Take out - The number one thing I wanted to do on our trip was go to my favorite restaurant Texas Roadhouse. Since we were stuck in the hotel room on Friday night we got it "to go." Yummy.
8. Being a mother - It's a really really hard job, but it's so worth it and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.
9. Air conditioning - For obvious reasons.

1 comment:

missykroll said...

wow lisa, that sounds like some fun trip! I haven't experienced a throwing up child yet, (so I may need to suck some knowledge from you in that department) but I do hate it when you hear a child struggling to breathe. She is fighting allergies right now so she's all stuffed up. Howdy from Texas!