Friday, April 25, 2008

Some Vacation

I mentioned that we were going to Arizona for a little vacation this week. We are still here and I realized I could update my blog with Adam's computer. Duh Lisa. Well, the trip has been interesting to say the least. The drive down was good but we didn't get here until 11:00 pm on Tuesday. The next day we went swimming (Ian's favorite part of the whole trip I'm sure) and then Adam went to do some business at his old recording school. The kids and I had planned to go to the Arizona Museum for Youth right by the hotel. After naps we headed off, but couldn't find a place to eat. We spent so long walking up and down the street that by the time we did eat and headed over to the museum we only had 30 minutes to play. Oh well. When it was time for dinner we headed the other direction and found out there was a Taco Bell right there!! If I had only gone that way earlier!
Adam didn't get home until almost midnight that night so I spent the whole evening stuck in the room with the kids, but at least we went to bed early. Around 3am I kind of woke up to hear what sounded like throwing up coming from Hailey's direction. She didn't cry so I just kind of went back to sleep. Later around 5am I heard the sound again, this time with crying. Uh oh. The poor little thing threw up every 15 minutes after that for more than 3 hours and then off and on after that until 2:30pm. So we spent almost all of yesterday in the hotel again with Hailey laying around and Ian getting restless. Ugh. Adam took Ian back to the museum that afternoon for a while so at least we made up for the first day.
We decided to stay an extra day to let Hailey recover and to try to salvage the "vacation" so we went to bed early last night and got up this morning for a fun day at the Phoenix Zoo. Hailey seemed to be mostly recovered so we headed off and had a pretty good time. I will post pictures when I get home. Ian was kind of whiney though, and complained every once in a while of a stomach ache. When we got back to the hotel both the kids went down for naps and Adam went off to visit some old co-workers at his old job here at KBI. Sure enough, after about an hour of sleeping Ian woke up and threw up all over the bed. Here we go again. Thank goodness we decided to stay another day!! We would have been in the car!
So we are hoping to get out of here tomorrow morning. Adam's brother is coming to visit us in Vegas tomorrow afternoon so I guess we better be there! I just hope we don't get sick tomorrow. It's times like this I really appreciate my own mother and all she has done for me. Kids don't realize everything that goes into a vacation, or taking care of them when they're sick.
Well, at least the hotel is comfortable and has a great free breakfast buffet. They were really nice about cleaning up the bed and towels and stuff after Ian threw up too. So I really can't complain about our accommodations.
I guess that's all for now. What else could go wrong? Wish us luck getting home!

1 comment:

Koreena said...

That totally stinks that the kids got so sick!! I'm sorry your vacation had to be spent cleaning up pukie. Yuck! I hope you guys get home safely. I'll call you next week sometimes.