Thursday, April 10, 2008

Thankful Thursday

I have thought about following one of my friend's example and doing a "Thankful Thursday" but just haven't gotten around to it. I decided that I am going to start today finally, so here goes.

1. Good friends - I have a lot of good friends who are great examples to me and help me to have a better attitude about life.
2. Thomas the Train - I don't know what it is about that train, but little boys across the world love him. Ian loves anything that has to do with Thomas, and I mean anything. Today we printed some Thomas crafts off the internet and Ian was "soooo happy!!" (according to him).
3. My mini van - I don't know how we ever survived before with just one car.
4. Vitamins - I have been having major problems lately with sleeping and being tired all the time and I just bought some really good vitamins that I think have already made a difference. I am feeling much better after just 2 days of taking them. Who would have thought?
5. Thankful Thursday - I have been reading my friend's blog for a while and she has invited her friends to do "Thankful Thursday." I think it is a really good thing to sit down and count your blessings each week. It kind of helps to put things in perspective.
6. A backyard - My backyard is small and half rocks but it is my sanity a lot of days. I am so glad we found this townhome with a yard, however small it is.
7. Music - I have been teaching piano lessons for about a month now and I have realized how grateful I am that my parents gave me the opportunity to learn how to play the piano and flute. I love music and it is so nice to sit down at the piano and play, and to teach others how to play and appreciate music too. The other day I played primary songs for Ian and he guessed what songs I was playing. It was really fun and uplifting too!
8. Funny kids - Ian is sooo funny. He talks to his toys, his food, his imaginary friend "E.E.," strangers, anything. Basically, he likes to talk. A lot of times I catch him saying "Good idea E.E.!" or "That's not very nice to hit me in the face, ball." I crack up all the time. Hailey likes to bend over and put her head on the floor and her bum in the air. She'll stay like that for a few minutes. I don't know why, but it's funny too.
9. Earplugs - If you can learn to sleep with earplugs, you can have a happier marriage......hehe.
10. Adam - He provides for our family, makes me laugh, brings me flowers, puts up with me, lets me talk his ear off, feeds the kids and puts them to bed (when he's home), organizes the house, and much much more.

2 comments:

Koreena said...

I'm glad you've decided to play!! :)

You're so lucky to have a backyard. I can hardly wait for that day!

missykroll said...

Why hello miss lisa,
Are you still at Chessie Court?
I've got some fun family news to send to yah!