Thursday, April 17, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Wow, I feel bad that I haven't posted anything this week, but I am determined to do "Thankful Thursday" no matter what. This week has been, well, pretty aweful. So this is going to be kind of tough for me.

1. Adam's job - Any of you who talk to me very often are probably surprised to see this on my list. I am not a huge fan of the long hours and high stress and the fact that we are going to live in Las Vegas for the rest of our lives, BUT we have fantastic medical benefits and enough money to live comfortably. Adam has also been able to be home a lot more lately and he hasn't had to work weekends in a long time, which has been absolutely wonderful. We are also going on a trip to Arizona next week and because he is going to do some business stuff there his company is paying for most of the trip. Success!
2. Hailey's naps - Hailey is such a good sleeper. She always goes down without a fuss and sleeps for 2 or more hours per nap 2 times a day. As long as she gets the sleep she needs she is a very mellow and sweet baby.
3. Good days - This might be hard to explain. Lately, we have been having about 2 bad days to one good day. I have been so tired all the time and I have sleeping problems and I have been going to the doctor but there doesn't seem be any real reason for this. It seems when I am really really tired the kids act up more than usual, so those are what I consider "bad days." The other day we had a really good day. I wasn't as tired and Ian cooperated really well and we did some fun things. I am thankful for the good days and try to remember when I am having a bad day that another good day will come.
4. Free babysitting - Our babysitter watches our kids for free when we go to the temple. It is a great service and makes it so we can go more often.
5. Pizza Hut - Sometimes it really saves the day.
6. Photos - Looking at pictures really lifts my spirits. It is fun to remember fun things we did and how cute the kids were when they were smaller (they're still cute).
7. A schedule - Adam and I sat down the other night and wrote out a rough daily schedule for me and the kids. It helps a lot to know what is coming next in the day and Ian has responded quite well to it.
8. Thankful Thursday - I know this was on my list last week, but I really am thankful for "Thankful Thursday." I had a hard time being positive this week because I have really been struggling with my sleep problems, but I do still have a lot to be thankful for and it is good to focus on that instead of my hardships.

Well, I think that's it for today. It's not 10, but pretty close.

1 comment:

Koreena said...

Sorry you're having such a hard time sleeping lately. Being tired makes all your other trials 10 times worse! I hope your body snaps out of it soon. I'm glad you were able to find things to be grateful for despite feeling so blah. :)