Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A lot of bins, a little peace of mind

The toy clutter in our house, like many others, has gotten quite out of control. We finally decided to either mega organize, or trash the toys. So we invested in clear bins, divided up the toys, and stacked them in the garage. Since then my life has been quite nice! It didn't take long for the kids to learn that they have to clean up and put away one bin before they can get out another. Hailey will even clean up without being asked and carry the bin to the garage door by herself. Problem solved!

5 comments:

The Paredes Family said...

Excellent idea Lisa!

Koreena said...

I really want to adopt this! I just need to find a place for all those bins. . . .

Monica said...

I'm so glad that idea worked for you. :> I'm also very happy that you are getting a little more peace of mind too.

This Is Our Heaven.... said...

I LOVE IT!! After reading your post, i started organizing our toys....I just need to get some bins so I can do it right. I mean really, the idea is brilliant! One of the most frustrating things to me as a mom is the mess!! It literally drives me crazy. I think this would decrees my stress level and make the house look clean too. LOL!

Harlin Family said...

The look of things neatly organized in my bins makes my heart go pitter patter!