Monday, March 22, 2010

School Girl Hailey

Today was the big day! Hailey was so excited about getting dressed in her school clothes and wearing her backpack. We waited a long time for the bus (it was a little late) and she was as happy as can be.
But.... when the bus showed up, she quickly figured out what was really going on. One look at that bus driver and she turned around and started running in the other direction! I had to grab her and take her onto the bus. She screamed and clung to me for her life, to no avail. As the bus pulled away I could see the little girl Hailey was seated next to staring at me with a pleading look and covering her ears with her hands. Poor little thing. I cried off and on the whole time she was at school. It was just heartbreaking! When she came home she was calling for me from her seat on the bus but not crying. Hooray! Hopefully today was the hardest day.
After school Hailey got a My Little Pony as a "first day of school present." She has been waiting for months for a pony of her own, so she was quite pleased.

I think we're all relieved we got through the first day. Soon she will be waving goodbye and hopping on the bus like she owns it. Right?

4 comments:

Llama Wanderings said...

RIGHT!

Monica said...

Cute first day of school picture. I'm sure she is going to do much better now that the first shock is over.

nurselynn said...

What a sweet, darling girl Hailey is! We still miss her in the nursery on Sundays. I will always remember the week she sat on the floor with her legs straight out. She had found two baby dolls and had them laying across her legs, feeding them both at the same time. Just like Mommy! She will adjust quickly to her school I'm sure. I love the grin on her face with that pony!

mnelson087 said...

her hair is soo pretty!!! her bangs are so cute. aww i miss that girl, go ahead and send her too, and the babies, don't forget to send yourself also. haha i kid but i would love that, hopefully i get to come with mom.