Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Finally, All of a Sudden

Yesterday I had a meeting with a team of educators to make a plan for Hailey. This process began December 2nd, so it has seemed to take forever. She was tested by a psychologist, a speech therapist, and a nurse to evaluate her speech delay and other aspects of her development. I have been frustrated that it has taken so long, but the wait is finally over. The meeting took over an hour, but then all of a sudden they said "alright, well we're finished here, you'll get a call within a week and she'll start school right away." What??? I guess I don't know what I expected but I was a little caught off guard that she would be in preschool within a couple weeks! She just seems too little. I am so happy that she is finally going to get the help she needs and thankful that the school district provides this free program. Hooray! I am very nervous about her riding the bus though, while Ian is green with jealousy. You wouldn't believe the fit that boy threw over it. I told him he gets to ride the "Clayton bus" (the family that takes him to school) but he quickly shot back "no mom, that's a van!!" Oh well, he'll get over it. Someday he'll realize that taking the "short bus" to school isn't exactly the coolest.

Another thing that caught me off guard recently, Jackson only has 3-5 weeks left with the helmet! We have gotten so used to his "hat" that he looks weird to me when he doesn't have it on. I can't believe he is almost done and his head is looking so much better. These kids are growing too fast!

1 comment:

Koreena said...

Hope school goes well for her!