Saturday, May 7, 2011

Number 2

Brandon and Jackson turned 2 back in February. Two 2-year-olds, phew!











I'm pretty sure somebody had strep that week (I have had it 4 times since the new year), so we had a pretty low-key party with just the immediate family (since we didn't want to spread germs). They got lots of clothes, which was just what they (I) wanted, and some books. It was just right for 2 toddlers. Happy Birthday Babies!


Some things you should know about Brandon:

Brandon is a little sweetheart. He wants the sole attention of his mommy or daddy and always looks for moments when he can worm his way into our laps. He says quite a few words and understands us exceptionally well for a 2-year-old. He likes to climb things, splash in the toilet, eat yogurt, take his diaper off, cry a lot, scream (whether happy or sad), eat candy, go down the slide, play outside, dump water on his own head, laugh out loud at movies, wear Hailey's dress up shoes, and skip. He can be very moody, and sometimes drives me crazy with his crying, but when he is happy he is just the sweetest little thing you could imagine.


Some things you should know about Jackson:

Jackson is silly silly silly. Sometimes I just don't know where he comes up with things! He speaks gibberish a lot, to other people and to himself. He is putting words together and saying things I don't think I ever taught him! He has a weird relationship with his pants. He will take them off and then cry because he wants them back on. Don't ask me what his problem is. He likes to run around with his older siblings, splash in the toilet, eat cereal, play outside, play at the park, beat up Brandon, pee on the floor, get into mischief, give hugs and kisses, make messes, and sing and dance. He knows the words to most of the songs on his videos and does a cute and funny little dance where he moves his hips around. This kid makes me laugh all the time, even when I am about ready to tear my hair out in frustration.


The twins are currently in the process of potty training. This has been a scary thing for me, but must be done. Jackson has shown more than readiness, and is pretty much trained already. Brandon has yet to go in the potty, but I'm not in a big hurry. Potty training twins is quite the journey, and there is no one way to do it. I figure since Jackson is more ready we will get him done and then work more with Brandon. So far, so good.

2 comments:

Monica said...

Yeah for at least having one boy ready for potty training. I wish you the best of luck with both of them. Now if you could only get them to stop splashing in the tolet water I think you might be set.

Koreena said...

I'm going to have to buy you a medal or something when you survive this year with 2 two-year-olds. My favorite descriptions of their likes are "splash in the toilet" and "pee on the floor." Ha ha!