Monday, August 24, 2009

Kindergarten!!

Today was Ian's first day of Kindergarten! He was so excited to wear his new blue backpack and head off to class to meet his new teacher and new friends.
We all took him for his first day. We got there kind of early because I was so worried about being late with all the children. Hailey spent the time pushing the stroller around and then trying to run off into the parking lot. Boy that girl is a handful! Ian was just ready to go in the classroom.

When the kids were finally let into the Kindergarten playground Ian said "bye mom!" and started to walk away! I had to call him back to me to give him a hug goodbye. He sure didn't seem to mind being left there!
The kids lined up and got their name tags and were off to Kindergarten. What a big day! We found out later that one of Ian's friends in his primary class (and is also our bishop's son) is in his Kindergarten class, that is so wonderful!

After school Ian said his first day was "WONDERFUL!!" He got a cupcake which he called a muffin and a pet rock which he named Luigi (what else?). He said his "rock makes me so happy! Just like that beautiful rainbow I saw when I was outside playing in the rain!" What a funny boy. I think this school year is going to be great, he is such a good kid.

3 comments:

Monica said...

I just love hearing how excited he was to go to his first day of school. He sure is a very brave kids and so independent to just be ready to go to class and not hang onto you. I also think it is cute what he named his pet rock too. :)

Joy Carlton said...

I am glad to hear that he had a good first day of school. I love to hear the things that Ian says. He is so funny.

Leslie Girl said...

Ian is in Kindergarten already? WOW!!! He is getting so big!! ALL of your kids are stinkin' cute! Isn't it funny where life has taken us!?!