Friday, April 22, 2011

The Paint Incident

Every wall in our house is white. Plain, white. I don't really have a problem with this, but I wouldn't mind adding some color here and there. My sister Jill was nice enough to find me some beautiful "purple shimmer" paint for Hailey's room. I was getting excited about actually painting a room in the house, even though I had never painted before. We were going to add sparkles to it too. So pretty! Unfortunately, on March 4th, my dreams were dashed by a terrible and mysterious disaster:

The weirdest part was that I could not find a single speck of paint on any of my children. And no one would fess up to it either. I am pretty sure it was Jackson. I think the can of paint was knocked off of the DVD case I had stupidly left it on and just burst open by itself. Aaaagh! It took 2 hours, 3 rolls of paper towels, a toothbrush, rags, and half a big bottle of Pine Sol to get it cleaned up. And amazingly, I got every bit of paint off the floor and wall! So, lesson learned, never EVER leave a can of paint where children can get to it. You would think I would already know that!

3 comments:

The Cutie Udy's said...

I totally think you should have went with the purple shimmer entryway! You could have made it work and then everyone that came over would think, "I wish I had a purple shimmer wall too!" ;)

Koreena said...

Still can't believe there wasn't a bit of paint on any of the kids.

Monica said...

I'm totally amazed that you were able to clean the entire thing up. I think if one of my kids did that we would possiblly be down one kid (for at least a week or two).