Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Halloween/Thanksgiving

Halloween was pretty mellow this year. Since it was on Sunday we only participated in the Trunk or Treat at the church the day before. That was plenty for us. Ian wasn't even able to do the school costume parade because he got sick at school that day and had to come home early. So sad.
Brandon the monkey.
Jackson the monkey.
Hailey the ladybug, Ian as Darth Vader, and two little monkeys.
Elmo
I gutted and carved all of these myself. Yeah, be impressed ;) The middle one is Hailey's "baby monster."
On Halloween we made caramel apples and drank apple cider. The kids loved handing out candy to trick or treaters. I think they liked that more than going out themselves! I actually enjoyed it a lot too. It was nice and relaxing and the twins got to bed on time. Over all a nice Halloween.
For Thanksgiving this year Adam's parents and nephew, Nick, came for the holiday. It was great to see them and Ian had a blast playing with his cousin. My sister Marianne also flew in, the kids were so happy to see their "other mom." Jill's family came too and I got to be the hostess for the first time. Jill still made the turkey though, she's just so good at it :)
YUM
Dinner was delicious, especially the turkey and rolls which Jill made. She better never go out of town for Thanksgiving!
The kiddie table. Although my nephew Chad (right) is not so much a kid anymore! He is taller than me!
The grown-ups minus Doug who is taking the picture.
It was wonderful to have everyone for Thanksgiving. Adam and I got to get some Black Friday shopping done too since his mom was willing to babysit :)

2 comments:

Monica said...

I have to say, " I LOVE YOUR LITTLE MONKEYS!!!" Oh they are just so cute in their Halloween costumes.

Koreena said...

Sounds like a full house for Thanksgiving! Glad it was such a good visit with everyone. I like the idea of just being home on Halloween. Maybe one year I'll talk my kids into that if there's a trunk or treat before.