Monday, June 15, 2009

Update

We have moved into our new home! Things have been really crazy, as you might imagine, so I finally am getting around to at least a little update on how things are going, pictures may still take a while. We are liking the new house, there is a lot of work to do around here but Adam is doing a great job being mister fix-it. Thank goodness he is so handy! He has installed a water heater and all of the appliances, fixed toilets, doors, sprinklers, outlets, and all kinds of other stuff. I am amazed.
The kids are adjusting ok to the change. Ian finally stopped saying he hates this home (as soon as we set up the Wii) and Hailey is getting a little less whiney. Brandon and Jackson are getting better at sleeping at night (for the most part) but Jackson is still a little screamer. That kid can cause quite a ringing in your ears.
Our new ward seems just right for us. There are at least 3 other sets of twins in the ward and an older set of triplets. There are two sets of twin girls in nursery with Hailey. So I have lots of people to ask advice from.
We still aren't completely moved out of our other place, it is taking FOREVER. I go almost every day with all the kids and try to pack up a few boxes. It is a long process, especially with Jackson screaming every time I put him down. I am hoping to get it all done by next week. My sister Jill went over there the other day and got more done in an hour than I usually get done in 4. Jill, you're my hero.
Anyway, that's kind of what's going on. Adam and I had our 6th anniversary yesterday. Who would have thought in 6 years we would have 4 kids, 2 cars, and a house? Life is crazy. We are trying to decide if we are going to go to P-town this summer and Ian is turning 5 next month, yippee! After we're all done with the townhouse I am going to attempt to sleep train Jackson (he is driving me crazy!). So until next time.....

1 comment:

Koreena said...

Happy anniversary yesterday! I thought of you all day. I always think of you on Flag Day. :)

Glad the kids are starting to adjust to the move, and how great to be in a ward with other mommies of twins.

By the way, we're finally under contract with the house. :) We got our loan application in and are having the inspection tomorrow. We'll probably close mid July (assuming everything goes well tomorrow.) Talk to you later!