Monday, October 20, 2008

What's happening with us?

Nothing. Yeah I know, pretty exciting huh. Well here are a few little things that are going on. For those of you who don't know, we are about 95% sure we are having 2 boys. I am really happy about it, but a little bummed that I may not have any more girls. As far as the pregnancy goes, the babies are measuring a few days ahead of schedule and seem to have all the right parts in the right places and I have felt a lot more activity lately. I'm glad they are doing so well despite the troubles I have had. I am feeling a little better as far as nausea but I have been having many of the pains that I didn't have till the last month of my previous pregnancies already. It is a little discouraging but thankfully I now have a housekeeper who comes twice a week and eases my burdens quite a bit. I have been feeling a lot better (mentally) lately since I don't have to worry so much about the mess at home. It's unbelievable what a difference it makes. I'm just glad I'm about half way through the pregnancy now. The holidays are coming up and it really helps keep my mind off all my aches and pains, or at least it's just nice to have something to look forward to.

Ian is still loving preschool. He doesn't have class this week and his teacher told him it was a vacation. He came home and told me "I can't wait to go on vacation with my teacher!!" Yeah, if only that were the case..... He cracks me up. He is going to be Darth Vader for Halloween and is more excited than I think any other kid could possibly be. I'm sure glad I found the costume on sale! Grandma Nelson is coming for Halloween, I'm glad she can be here to do the fun stuff with the kids that I don't have the energy for. Ian is excited to make banana bread with her, as always. He is also having his first primary program this Sunday, I can't wait!

Hailey is busy stealing toys away from Ian and taking care of her baby dolls and care bears. She still only says a few words but I know she understands most of what I say and she is learning more and more sign language every week. I can tell she gets really frustrated because she has such a hard time communicating, but it is getting better. She sure is a daddy's girl and when I put her to bed she stays awake in her bed until daddy gets home and sings here a couple songs.

So that's what's up with us. I have to go to the doctor pretty much all the time, this week I have 2 appointments on the same day. It is kind of annoying. Otherwise we just kind of try to stay entertained without exerting too much energy (if I over-do it I am in pain for quite a while afterward). So there ya go, until next time......

1 comment:

Koreena said...

It's nice to hear an update. I'm sorry you're in so much pain. I hear ya. With Jossy, I was in so much pain starting about 4 months that for about a month I couldn't get walk without crying it hurt so bad!!! I hope things improve over time for you like they eventually did for me. (Until near the end that is....)