Monday, November 2, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Halloween seemed to sneak up on me this year. Somehow we still managed to get everyone in a costume and have some fun! We went over to the church for a "trunk-or-treat" and decided it was just perfect for our young kids. They had a blast, Ian must have gone around to all the cars at least 4 or 5 times. After that we took Ian down a couple streets to knock on doors. The weather was beautiful! I was so glad after a very cold and blustery week.
"Eeewww!"
Ian completely filled his bucket at the ward "trunk-or-treat." I finally started telling people to stop giving him candy! I spent all day carving this jack-o-lantern, and it looked great, but my candle wasn't bright enough to show it's true awesomeness in the dark. Oh well, better candles next year...
Hailey was a little scarecrow girl, Ian was Darth Vader (again). Somehow I didn't get a pic with the mask and light saber.

After one trip around the trunks Hailey started on this sucker and it had her entertained the rest of the night! Success!
Jackson was asleep so we just took Brandon to the trunk-or-treat (don't worry, we didn't leave Jack home alone ;) ). He was SO stinking CUTE!! He wore this costume (thanks mom!) and smiled away the whole time!
Here he is in the other costume I had for Jackson.
And here's my little sleepy head! We just took a pic of him in the costume, sad we didn't get to show him off at the party though!
Hailey got a cupcake which she enjoyed thoroughly.
And her favorite: suckers!! She was doing a little sucker dance with three Tootsie Pops when I found her in the kitchen. She sure loves those suckers!
Ian and his loot.
Hailey loves candy!

1 comment:

Monica said...

Hailey looked so cute in her Halloween costume. I just loved it! Your kids also got a ton of candy too. I sure hope that they don't go through it to fast.